LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette woman is begging for answers. She wants to know why a woman is taking photos and videos of people's homes in her neighborhood.
The situation also has police concerned, the department has taken several similar reports from different parts of the city.
Erika Hall said she has seen the person in question more than one time. In fact she's been waiting to hear something since July, when she saw the same woman approach her neighbor's home.
"I was on Next Door last week and there was a surveillance video from those ring doorbells of a woman and it was her," said Hall.
She said she saw the woman walk up to her neighbor's home and take photos. The woman then asked Hall if she was the property owner, Hall said no and continued working in her yard.
That's when she saw something that made her feel uneasy.
"She looks through the windows and takes pictures through the windows."
Hall decided to take action.
"I'm thinking at this point she is going to walk up the sidewalk and knock on the open door to talk to the person who's property it was and when I turned around she was gone," said Hall.
Hall has since posted pictures of the woman on social media, dozens of people have come forward sharing similar stories.
"She hasn't knocked on the door or rang the doorbell, she goes all the way up to the door, touches the door puts her phone up to the door though the windows," said Hall.
Lafayette police Lieutenant Scott Galloway said the situation is puzzling, but until someone reports her for trespassing, their hands are tied.
"What we're interested in is why the person is taking pictures, so we have gotten complaints of suspicious activity and that is what we are investigating, is why somebody is taking pictures," said Lt. Galloway.
At this point, Hall just wants answers.
"If it's not a company that's doing it, then we have someone who is stalking people's homes and the public needs to know that, I want to know about that, my neighbors want to know about that," said Hall.
- Lafayette neighborhood reports suspicious woman taking photos
- Vandalism spree impacts Lafayette neighborhood
- City of Lafayette working to improve neighborhoods
- Habitat home adding value to Lafayette neighborhood
- Lafayette neighborhood pushing for zoning changes
- Red fox spotted roaming a Lafayette neighborhood
- Pocket park coming to historic Lafayette neighborhood
- Photo Gallery: Final Greater Lafayette Honor Flight
- Bomb squad called for suspicious package in Lafayette
- Tippecanoe County high school encourages students to report suspicious activity