LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — 19-year old Danielle Hunt was sentenced to 13 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections and two years in Tippecanoe County Corrections. She pleaded guilty to three counts of battery with serious bodily injury to a person less than 14 years old and one count of neglect of a dependent resulting in bodily injury. Following that, she'll be on four years of supervised probation.
She must also have a substance and mental health evaluation.
Documents state the baby was admitted to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis on March 5, 2017. Doctors determined the baby had blistering burns to the face and upper torso, as well as numerous healing fractures to the vertebrae, leg bones, ribs and skull.
According to court documents, Hunt had previously called Lafayette police and indicated she wished to "confess" to child abuse.
Two days after the child was admitted to the hospital, Hunt admitted to police about several times she had battered and injured the child out of frustration. She described one instance when she became angry because dirty diaper contents had gotten on her, so she squeezed the infant's foot until she heard a popping sound. The paperwork also states she described a time when she threw the baby into a chair because the baby wouldn't stop crying. Hunt said that caused the infant to stop crying and went to sleep.
Hunt also told police she held the baby in a shower with hot water running to clean the child after a soiled diaper. It wasn't until after the baby was clean that she noticed the 3-month-old's skin was showing signs of a burn.
- Lafayette mother sentenced for abuse
- Indiana prosecutor resigns after domestic abuse sentencing
- More deaths questioned at Lafayette man's sentencing
- West Lafayette chiropractor sentenced for child solicitation
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Lafayette rapist sentenced to 23 years
- Lafayette man sentenced for Iowa murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for attempted murder
- Navarrete sentenced for Lafayette double murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for child pornography