LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man will spend more than four decades in prison for sex crimes against a child. 43-year old Kevin Sweat was sentenced Friday to 46 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections and 8 years on probation.
Sweat previously pleaded guilty in connection to multiple charges including child molesting, child seduction and sexual misconduct with a minor.
As News 18 previously reported, prosecutors say he began touching the girl inappropriately in 2013, when she was around 10 or 11 years old.
It continued for about two years.
- Lafayette man sentenced for sex crimes against child
- West Lafayette man admits to sex crimes against a child
- Lafayette man sentenced for child pornography
- Lafayette man sentenced for felony child molesting
- Lafayette man sentenced for child molestation
- Federal jury finds Lafayette man guilty of child porn crimes
- West Lafayette chiropractor sentenced for child solicitation
- Lafayette man sentenced after pleading guilty to child porn possession
- Lafayette man sentenced to prison for child porn
- Lafayette crime statistics decreasing