LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man was sentenced to 71 years in prison for child molesting and an escape attempt. Michael Joe Cochran was found guilty in May after a bench trial on multiple counts of child molesting, being a habitual offender, and pled guilty to escape.
Cochran was sentenced today to 66 years for the below convictions, and 5 years for the escape for a total of 71 years to be served in the Indiana DOC.
Count 1: Child Molesting, F1
Count 2: Child Molesting, F1
Count 3: Child Molesting, F4
Count 5: Child Molesting, F4
Count 6: False Informing, MB
Count 1: Escape, F5
- Lafayette man sentenced for felony child molesting
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- A Lafayette man faces several felony child molesting charges
- Previously convicted child molester sentenced
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- West Lafayette man accused of child molestation
- 80-year-old babysitter sentenced for child molesting
- West Lafayette man found guilty of child molestation
- Attica man sentenced to 32 years for child molestation
- Man sentenced to 13 years for child molesting charges