LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man was sentenced on Wednesday after being found guilty of multiple charges including attempted murder. Garrett Chaffin was sentenced to 40 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections according to court documents.
Chaffin was found guilty in April of Attempted Murder, Domestic Battery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury, Strangulation, Criminal Confinement, Domestic Battery, two counts of Invasion of Privacy, and Aggravated Battery.
On April 14, 2018, police responded to a call of a female who fell and an unwanted guest removal. After arriving police observed the victim had facial bruises and marks on her neck. It was revealed Chaffin had repeatedly hit the victim and choked her unconscious on multiple occasion over the last few months and threaten to kill the victim.
- Lafayette man sentenced for attempted murder
- Lafayette man found guilty of attempted murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for Iowa murder
- Jail inmate sentenced for attempted murder
- Lafayette man found not guilty of attempted murder during robbery
- WL man charged with attempted murder sentenced to 30 years
- Navarrete sentenced for Lafayette double murder
- Man gets 40 years for attempted murder
- Man arrested facing attempted murder charge
- Loren Gary sentenced for attempted murder of deputy