LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man was sentenced to two decades after his role in a robbery from November of last year. Zachary Ryan Sondgeroth was sentenced for charges including armed robbery and carrying a handgun without a license.
Related: Three charged in armed robbery case
On November 29 Lafayette Police responded to 4803 State Road 26 East regarding a robbery in progress. Police say the victim was walking along State Road 26 when a car pulled over next to him.
The driver tried to call to him through the passenger side window, when an accomplice, grabbed the victim's shoulder from behind and pressed a pistol against his side.
The robbers took a backpack, wallet, two jackets, and a set of keys and drove off.
Officers say a witness followed the suspect vehicle and they were quickly found by police.
They say 17-year-old Wanya Dunn, 16-year-old Glenn Ladd, and 30-year-old Zachary Sondgeroth were found inside.
They also allegedly found all of the victim's belongings and a 38-caliber revolver.
Records indicate Zachary Ryan Sondgeroth was also convicted in the Benton Circuit Court of the offense of dealing in methamphetamine in 2013 and, burglary, and theft in 2010.
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Lafayette men sentenced for their roles in armed robbery
- Armed robbery reported on Lafayette's east side
- Second person sentenced in armed robbery
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Lafayette gas station
- Kokomo man involved in armed robbery sentenced to 43 years
- Teen sentenced after pleading guilty to armed robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- More deaths questioned at Lafayette man's sentencing