LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man is prison-bound for stabbing another man in January of 2018. Joshua Balser was sentenced Thursday to 12 years in the Indiana Department of Correction and four years on probation.
He was convicted of aggravated battery and being a habitual offender.
As News 18 previously reported, it happened near Main and Asher streets. Prosecutors say the victim met up with Balser at a nearby apartment. Afterward, the victim says Balser approached him in a parking lot and stabbed him in the back.
Prosecutors say Balser confessed.
- Lafayette man involved in stabbing sentenced to prison
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Lafayette man sentenced to prison for child porn
- Man gets 30 year prison sentence for Lafayette shooting death
- Man identified in Lafayette apartment stabbing
- Homeless man charged in stabbing case sentenced
- Man dies in Lafayette police-involved shooting
- Woman sentenced for involvement in March 2 Lafayette homicide
- Triple stabbing reported in Lafayette
- Lafayette Police investigating a stabbing