LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — After a two-day trial, a Lafayette man has been found guilty of attempted murder and other charges stemming from a police investigation. Garrett Chaffin was found guilty of Attempted Murder, Domestic Battery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury, Strangulation, Criminal Confinement, Domestic Battery, two counts of Invasion of Privacy, and Aggravated Battery.
According to court documents, On April 14, 2018, police responded to a call of a female who fell and an unwanted guest removal. After arriving police observed the victim had facial bruises and marks on her neck. After investigating it was revealed Chaffin had repeatedly hit the victim and choked her unconscious on multiple occasion over the last few months. Chaffin would also threaten to kill the victim.
Sentencing for Chaffin will be set at a later date.
- Lafayette man found guilty of attempted murder
- Lafayette man found not guilty of attempted murder during robbery
- Jail inmate found guilty of attempted murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for attempted murder
- Loren Gary found guilty on all counts including attempted murder
- Man found guilty of attempted murder in a shooting near Columbian Park
- Kokomo man found guilty in Lafayette armed burglary case
- Lafayette man found guilty of shooting during drug deal
- Lafayette man found guilty in death of infant son
- West Lafayette man found guilty of child molestation