LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Tippecanoe County jury convicted Manford Girten Jr., 31, of nine counts including rape, criminal confinement, intimidation, strangulation, domestic battery and invasion of privacy.
On September 30, 2017, Lafayette police went to the hospital in response to a victim of rape.
The victim told police she had been dating Girten for about two months before the incident.
In October, the victim was able to record Girten apologizing for the crimes.
That's when she got a protection order.
Girten didn't stop contacting her through texts, calls and messages on social media.
His sentencing is scheduled for August 24th.
- Lafayette man convicted of rape
- Lafayette man convicted of rape sentenced to 13 years
- Lafayette man arrested for rape and criminal confinement
- Lafayette man charged with rape and criminal confinment
- Man arrested for kidnapping, rape that started in Lafayette
- 2 Indiana men sue over wrongful rape convictions
- West Lafayette man convicted of child molesting sentenced to 40 years
- Lafayette man convicted for attacking group of people with a hatchet
- Lafayette man faces a number of charges after being accused of raping
- Rossville man convicted on molesting charges