LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man is facing charges for allegedly chaining children to beds. The case was discovered when someone called police about bruising on one victim's face.
The child told a forensic interviewer Ryan Hubertz-Bass hit her and chained her up at his home in the 3200 block of South 18th Street. Investigators said they found chains and padlocks in Hubertz Bass' bedroom. Court documents say a handgun and knife were also in the home.
Through interviews with other people in the house, investigators said they learned two other children had also been chained or hit. All the children were under 8-years-old, according to court documents.
As of Wednesday, Hubertz Bass was still in the Tippecanoe County Jail. He faces three charges of criminal confinement and one count of battery, all against children.
- Lafayette man charged with chaining up children
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- Lafayette man charged with impersonating law enforcement
- Lafayette man charged in Ollie's robbery
- Lafayette man charged in 2018 SWAT situation
- Federal charges filed against Lafayette man
- West Lafayette man charged with child molesting
- Lafayette man officially charged with child molestation
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack