LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An attempted robbery at a Lafayette Village Pantry ended with the suspect shot by a non-lethal weapon earlier this week. It's all laid out in new court documents detailing the man's charges.
Shawn Yoakum is accused of attempted armed robbery and resisting law enforcement. Prosecutors said he tried to rob the Village Pantry on North 14th Street early Tuesday morning.
According to court documents, he demanded money and showed the clerk a large knife. He left without getting any cash.
Police found Yoakum in an alley in the surrounding neighborhood. After unsuccessfully trying to taze him, officers shot him with the non-lethal weapon, then took him into custody.
- Lafayette man charged in Village Pantry attempted armed robbery
- LPD investigating attempted armed robbery
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- Suspect charged with Lafayette armed robbery
- Man charged in the robbery of a Village Pantry sentenced to 10 years
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Man sentenced in West Lafayette armed robbery
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed
- Village Pantry robber headed to prison
- LPD arrests man in 19th Street attempted armed robbery