TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man has been charged after allegedly pulling a gun on a local bar-owner.
Court documents say on Jan. 5 at around 12:49 a.m., police investigated a report of a man pointing a firearm at one of the owners of the Riehle Brothers bar on Union Street in Lafayette.
31-year-old Stanley Rupp III of Lafayette had been at the establishment that evening and after paying his tab, the owner confronted him about taking some napkins.
Rupp allegedly became agitated at the owner and was asked to leave. After being escorted out, Rupp attempted to come back into the bar but was stopped by the owner.
A witness said it was at that time that Rupp pointed a handgun at the owner. Rupp admitted this to police saying that his actions were in response to being pushed by the owner.
Rupp has been charged with intimidation, criminal recklessness and pointing a firearm.
- Lafayette man charged with pointing a firearm at bar-owner
- WL man faces charges of intimidation and pointing a firearm
- Lafayette bar owner giving out free rides
- Woman charged for shooting outside Lafayette bar
- Lafayette teen charged with possession of firearm on school property
- Lafayette man charged with kidnapping after dragging woman from bar
- 308 bar has a new owner
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette buffet owner charged in sales tax investigation
- Shots fired outside Lafayette bar overnight