TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man has been charged after allegedly attacking another man with a hatchet.
According to court documents, police were sent to investigate a report of a physical attack on the morning of Dec. 20 at the 1300 block of Elizabeth Street.
Police say a fight ensued after a man went to collect on a debt allegedly owed to him by 56-year-old Jeff Ringen of Lafayette.
The victim said when he arrived at Ringen’s home, Ringen chased him and the three other people he was with down a flight of stairs, threatening them with a hatchet.
When one of the group fell to the ground, Ringen reportedly began swinging at her.
The others attempted to come to her aid and it was at that time police say that Ringen struck one of them in the head with the hatchet.
Ringen has been charged with battery by means of a deadly weapon and criminal recklessness.
Because of his prior felony convictions he has also been charged as a habitual offender.
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.
- Lafayette man charged with impersonating law enforcement
- Lafayette man charged in Ollie's robbery
- Rushville man charged in baseball bat attack
- West Lafayette woman injured in dog attack
- Meth and heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man