LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man was charged with the robbery of Ollie's Bargain Outlet store in Lafayette.
Malek Hall was charged Thursday with robbery (level 5 felony), Theft (level 6 felony), and Resisting Law Enforcement (class A misdemeanor).
According to court documents, Police responded to a robbery complaint at Ollie's Bargain Outlet store on Maple Point Drive in Lafayette around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 8. An employee said a man who she knew to be Hall, forcibly took large sums of cash from the registers, pulled the phone lines from the registers and left the store. The employee gave police Halls description and told police Hall was able to make off with more than $750.00.
Police located Hall off the 2500 block of Malden Road in Lafayette. Hall was wearing the clothes given in the description by the Ollie's employee. When police attempted to stop Hall, he walked away from the officer. after the officer grabbed Hall's arm, he forcibly resisted. With the assistance of fellow officers Hall was able to be detained.
After searching the suspect, police found a large sum of cash and a bag containing a leafy substance which tested positive for marijuana.
- Lafayette man charged in Ollie's robbery
- A Lafayette woman charged after attempted robbery
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed
- West Lafayette man charged with Armed Robbery and Auto Theft
- Lafayette man sentenced for armed robbery
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Lafayette gas station
- Lafayette man sentenced for downtown gas station robbery
- Lafayette man found not guilty of attempted murder during robbery
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack