LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Tippecanoe County prosecutors have charged a Lafayette man, more than nine months after a SWAT situation.
Police and DCS were called to his home on South 18th Street in June of 2018. They were there after prosecutors said a drug screen for a child in the house tested positive for methamphetamine.
Ferguson refused to allow officers to take the child, according to court documents. They say Ferguson then pointed a firearm at one of the officers.
The officers on scene called for backup and they set up a perimeter. The situation eventually ended peacefully.
- Lafayette man charged in 2018 SWAT situation
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- Lafayette police still investigating after three-hour SWAT situation
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- SWAT situation at 22nd and State Streets
- Standoff is over in SWAT situation in Tippecanoe County
- Possible sexual assault reported in Friday's SWAT situation
- LPD Specialist O'Shields reinstated after review of SWAT situation
- Man in custody after Logansport SWAT standoff
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping