TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man has been charged after he was allegedly found with drugs and paraphernalia.
Court documents say on Nov. 4 at around 10:45 p.m., police responded to a tip of possible drug activity on the 400 block of South Fifth
Street in Lafayette involving a male and a car.
An officer located the male, later identified as 27-year-old Cory Andrew Bryant, who was apparently looking for a jump start for his car.
Officers then saw Bryant take a book bag and his coat to a nearby residence. When asked about the bag, Bryant said he didn't want them searching through it because it may contain something illegal.
At the request of the tenant of the residence, the officers removed the bag from the home and searched it with Bryant's permission.
Inside, they found over 20 syringes, straws, metal spoons with burnt residue, a glass pipe, a large bag full of smaller baggies, digital scales, and two baggies containing a substance later tested positive as methamphetamine.
Officers then performed a search of Bryant's car after a K-9 unit alerted them to the presence of narcotics. Inside the car, officers discovered a small amount of marijuana, syringes, spoons, a tourniquet, sterile wipes and rolling papers. They also located more baggies with what was later identified as heroin and methamphetamine.
Bryant has been charged with dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a narcotic drug, unlawful possession of a syringe, possession of marijuana, and possession of paraphernalia.
- Lafayette man charged after drugs found in car
- Lafayette man found guilty of shooting during drug deal
- Lafayette man faces possession charges after gun, drugs found during traffic stop
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Child found alone leads to neglect charges for Lafayette man
- Runaway Lafayette teens found
- Lafayette man found guilty of attempted murder
- 10-year sentence given to Lafayette woman found guilty of drug charges
- Lafayette traffic stop leads to drug dealing arrest, charges
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack