TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man has been charged with sexual misconduct with a minor.
Court documents say that on several occasions, 26-year-old Paul Stephen Hardy allegedly had intercourse with a minor over the age of 14.
Police found social media messages in which Hardy and the victim discussed their sexual relationship.
Hardy admitted to having intercourse with the victim, which began as early as March 2017 and lasted through June of that same year.
Hardy stated that he was unaware of the victim’s age at the time of the sex acts, however, the victim disputes this.
He has been charged with three counts of sexual misconduct with a minor.
- Lafayette man charged after alleged sexual relationship with a minor
- Prosecutors: Lafayette man had ongoing sexual relationship with teen
- West Lafayette man sentenced for sexual misconduct with a minor
- Lafayette woman charged after alleged weekend stabbing
- Charges filed against Lafayette man in sexual assault case
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette man arrested after allegations of sexual contact with a child
- Fired Lafayette elementary teacher faces additional charges of sexual misconduct
- Howard County paramedic arrested for sexual misconduct with minor
- Priest suspended after allegation of sexual misconduct