LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The prosecutor's office has filed several charges against a Lafayette man for trying to steal a woman's cell phone at gunpoint.
According to court documents, police found the suspect because he dropped his cell phone in the woman's car before taking off.
As we've previously reported, the victim was at the Family Express on State Road 38, when a man hopped in her car, pulled out a gun and demanded her cell phone. When she couldn't find it, he gave up.
Police say the victim later found a cell phone her car which belonged to Timothy Jackson of Lafayette. Jackson eventually admitted to getting in the victim's vehicle. His charges include kidnapping, armed robbery, and auto theft.
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette woman charged with kidnapping, auto theft
- Man charged with kidnapping in 2018 Lafayette abduction
- Lafayette man charged with kidnapping after dragging woman from bar
- Man arrested for kidnapping, rape that started in Lafayette
- Lafayette kidnapping leads to man in FBI custody
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting
- West Lafayette man faces battery charges
- Lafayette man faces felony child molesting charges.