LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A battery complaint led to a Lafayette man being arrested for rape and criminal confinement. According to police, they responded to the complaint in the 10 block of Bordeaux Boulevard on Monday. When police arrived the victim reported she had been sexually assaulted.
After taking statements, police arrested 34-year-old Jose Martin Garcia-Aburto for rape and criminal confinement. Garcia was taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail.
The case was turned over to the Tippecanoe County Prosecutors Office.
- Lafayette man arrested for rape and criminal confinement
- Lafayette man charged with rape and criminal confinment
- Lafayette man convicted of rape
- Two arrested for alleged confinement of woman
- Man arrested for kidnapping, rape that started in Lafayette
- Indiana prosecutor pleads guilty to confinement, battery
- Police arrest man suspected of rape
- Lafayette man arrested after stabbing
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Lafayette man convicted of rape sentenced to 13 years