LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man is facing charges after police said he beat another man with a shovel.
Police said a witness saw Norman Dowling hit a man with a shovel, where the victim fell to the ground unconscious. The witness said once the victim fell to the ground, he was struck with the shovel again.
Police found the shovel, which had blood spatter on the blade.
Dowling faces charges of battery by means of a deadly weapon and battery resulting in serious bodily injury.
- Lafayette man charged, accused of knocking person unconscious with shovel
- Shovel Your Snow, Smart.
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Tippecanoe County Jail inmate dies after falling unconscious
- Couple charged after being found unconscious in restaurant booth with child
- Overnight storms knock out power on Lafayette's south side
- Lafayette man accused of possessing child pornography
- West Lafayette man accused of child molestation
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack
- Lafayette man facing charges of child molesting