LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man is in FBI custody after a 15 hour investigation that started in Lafayette.
Lafayette police said shortly after 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Jeremiah Allen Hendricks got a call demanding a ransom for 27-year-old Shatarra Triplett, the mother of his child.
Police went to Triplett's home at the Bridgewater Circle Apartments and found an infant along with three other children belonging to Triplett, but no sign of her.
Lafayette police detectives, agents from the FBI, and investigators with the Tippecanoe County Prosecutors Office said they had to work under extreme secrecy to keep Triplett and the public safe.
Leads took investigators to a location in Illinois where they found Triplett around 9:30 p.m. The FBI took 24-year-old Randy Smith into custody.
According to LPD, Triplett and all of her children are safe. This is an ongoing investigation.
- Lafayette kidnapping leads to man in FBI custody
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Lafayette woman charged with kidnapping, auto theft
- Lafayette man charged with kidnapping after dragging woman from bar
- Man arrested for kidnapping, rape that started in Lafayette
- Lafayette woman allegedly steals car, kidnaps 2-year-old
- Heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Meth and heroin bust leads to charges against Lafayette man
- Child found alone leads to neglect charges for Lafayette man
- Rensselaer man pleads guilty in kidnapping case