LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—Lafayette police are investigating a shooting incident where one person was shot in the abdomen.
Police were dispatched to the 1900 block of Thompson Street, just a few blocks over from Columbian Park. It happened around 2 o'clock. The victim was eventually taken to Franciscan East Hospital.
Police said the shooting happened in the area but they think it took place in a vehicle. They are still investigating the cause of this incident.
They said a man arrived at a local hospital with a single gunshot wound to the stomach. They believe he is the only victim.
Sergeant Mike Brown with LPD said police do not know the victim's current condition. Brown goes on to say that there is not an active crime scene. Police followed leads, collected evidence and searched for witnesses in the neighborhood.
This story will be updated.
- Lafayette police investigating shooting incident on city's east-side
- Armed robbery reported on Lafayette's east side
- Lafayette police investigating shots fired on the city's south side
- Lafayette Police investigating five different shooting incidents in one week
- Police release identity of body found on Lafayette's east side
- Police investigating incident involving knife
- New local restaurant on east-side of Lafayette
- Lafayette police investigating after home shot at on south side
- Lafayette man arrested after south side shooting, police pursuit
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows