LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — As many on the East Coast brace for Hurricane Florence, one Lafayette firefighter is offering his skills. LFD Captain Toby Frost was deployed east with Indiana Task Force 1 Tuesday morning.
Frost is part of the group of emergency responders from across the state. Indiana Task Force 1 is comprised of emergency responders that specialize in disciplines like technical rescue, search and hazardous materials.
Frost is a hazmat specialist for the Lafayette Fire Department. He will lend that same skill set to during the recovery efforts.
States of emergency have been declared for North and South Carolina and Virginia. On the East Coast, 1.7 million people were warned to evacuate in preparation for the Category 4 storm.
- Lafayette firefighter lending his skills as Hurricane Florence looms
- Lafayette firefighter aids in East Coast hurricane
- Government shutdown looming
- Salvation Army Prepares for Hurricane Florence
- Lafayette Firefighter promoted to sergeant
- Committee chairman kills divisive payday lending bill
- Watch Live: Hurricane Florence web cams from the Carolinas
- Boy uses his skills to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Maria
- Hurricane Florence nears Category 5 strength as it moves toward the Southeast coast
- President Trump heads to North Carolina to see damage from Hurricane Florence