LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A new building is going up at the Lafayette Fire Training Facility.
The site just off Veterans Memorial Parkway East is currently used for classes, training and equipment storage. All of the equipment in the existing building will be moved into the new 4,400 square foot facility.
This will give the department two separate buildings, one for storage and one for classrooms.
LFD is responsible for training several other agencies.
Deputy Chief Steve Butram said space has been an issue for several years.
"It will help us as the Lafayette Fire Department to have a little bit more space to do training especially inclement weather becomes a problem for us so if we have a larger area to take our people out there and do training it will help," said Butram.
Butram said fire graduation ceremonies will also be held there. This saves the department from having to rent a venue.
- Lafayette fire training facility expanding
- Franciscan Health Lafayette East's campus expanding
- Active shooter training taking place in Lafayette
- West Lafayette could expand trash and recycling services
- Franciscan Health Lafayette rated five star hospital facility
- Lafayette City Council discusses low-income senior housing facility
- Lafayette School Corporation set to open several new facilities
- FBI on scene at Lafayette Nanshan America facility
- Federal agents are investigating a Lafayette medical facility
- New Franciscan Health facility opens inside Lafayette Family YMCA