LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The city of Lafayette is hosting its annual Clean Sweep on Saturday, May 18 at Columbian Park from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
City leaders will be handing out cleaning supplies to the community, including trash and recycling bags, gloves and other yard tools.
It's all to encourage keeping Lafayette neighborhoods clean. Volunteers will get a map highlighting neighborhoods that need extra attention.
Lafayette City Clerk Cindy Murray said this is a great way to kick off the summer season that's approaching.
“It definitely brings awareness to the environment for our community,” said Murray. “With summer approaching, with all the kids outside and people being outside more, it's just nice to have a clean environment while we're out there.”
Murray encourages everyone to come out and help.
“Please come out and join the fun with us tomorrow, if nothing else, you'll feel better about having done something to give back to our community,” said Murray.
The event is free and open to all ages.
- Lafayette city leaders are encouraging the community to participate in this year's Clean Sweep
- Frankfort community members participate in peaceful march
- West Lafayette students to participate in nationwide walkout Friday
- LPD encourages community members to help tackle drug epidemic
- New community center in Lafayette
- 100 community members came out to clean the streets of Lafayette
- Local health officials encouraging revaccination
- West Lafayette boys, girls sweep Rensselaer Central in doubleheader
- Lafayette City Golf Tournaments continue
- Lafayette community supports Flora fire victims