LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police and fire are investigating what is believed to be arson at an apartment near downtown.
Crews were called to the 300 block of South 6th Street around 12:30 a.m. Saturday. That's just a few blocks south of the Tippecanoe County Public Library.
Assistant Fire Chief Brian Alkire said a fire was set at a front and a back door to the apartment. Investigators believe an accelerant was used on both doors.
Alkire said investigators have made contact with the property owner, but are still waiting to talk to the tenant.
No arrests have been made, and investigators are still working on leads. If you have any information, call Lafayette Fire or the We-Tip-Line at 1-800-78-CRIME.
- Arson suspected in 6th Street apartment fire
- Frankfort house fire ruled arson
- Shots fired at an apartment building near 11th and Cincinnati Streets
- Hanna Center presents 6th annual backpack giveaway
- Suspect arrested in Everett Street shooting
- Shots fired at Lafayette apartment complex
- Man charged with arson and murder after Pulaski County fire
- Arrest made in Lafayette lumberyard arson
- Police investigating 11th Street shots fired
- McCutcheon spell bowl team finishes 6th in state