LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police and fire are investigating what is believed to be arson at an apartment near downtown.
Crews were called to the 300 block of South 6th Street around 12:30 a.m. Saturday. That's just a few blocks south of the Tippecanoe County Public Library.
Assistant Fire Chief Brian Alkire said a fire was set at a front and a back door to the apartment. Investigators believe an accelerant was used on both doors.
Alkire said investigators have made contact with the property owner, but are still waiting to talk to the tenant.
No arrests have been made, and investigators are still working on leads. If you have any information, call Lafayette Fire or the We-Tip-Line at 1-800-78-CRIME.
- Arson suspected in 6th Street apartment fire
- Frankfort house fire ruled arson
- Three suspects arrested for possible arson
- 6th Alarm for First Responders
- State Street project to possibly add another apartment complex
- Hanna Center presents 6th annual backpack giveaway
- 6th annual Bacon Fest held in Delphi
- Jessie's Kids hosts 6th annual chili supper
- Shots fired at an apartment building near 11th and Cincinnati Streets
- Suspect arrested in Everett Street shooting