LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Lafayette Urban Ministry will open the new Protein Food Pantry tomorrow morning.
Located at the LUM Ray Ewry Center at 525 North 4th Street, the pantry will be dedicated to providing families with protein products such as both fresh and canned meat, beans, peanut butter, and fresh produce. Baby and feminine products will also be available.
High carbohydrate foods and snacks will not be given out.
Mary Anderson works as an interim staff member on the project with LUM, and she hopes the new pantry will provide new benefits to those who use the service.
“For one thing, their general health, to have good high quality protein have fresh produce available to them,” Anderson explained. “Paper products are not available with food stamps, so that's one reason we're focusing on the paper products.”
The Protein Food Pantry will be open every Thursday morning from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM.
For more information about the pantry and how to donate, visit this website.
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Protein Food Pantry
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Winter Warming Station
- Lafayette Urban Ministries help parents become heroes
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Turkey Trot 2018
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Jubilee Christmas Preview
- Lafayette Urban Ministry receives large grant from The Community Foundation
- Lafayette Urban Ministries hosts 32nd annual Thanksgiving dinner
- Lafayette Urban Ministry tackling the topic of racial bias
- Indiana State University opens food pantry for students
- St. John's/LUM food pantry closed