WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- The 8th annual Lafayette Urban Ministry Follies raised money for its good Samaritan fund Friday evening.
It is an emergency financial program that supports local families.
Guests enjoyed good food, a silent auction and were able to give in creative ways.
For example, picking dollar amounts from a donation tree.
Joe Micon said the people who receive this money are grateful.
"Usually the first response is just tremendous burden lifted from their shoulders," said Micon. "A tremendous amount of need. There is tears .There's hugs and all of those things are important."
All the proceeds go toward the good Samaritan fund.
The fund makes us of more than $100,000 a year, and has been around since LUM was founded more than 40 years ago.
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Follies is a success
- Lafayette Urban Ministries help parents become heroes
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Winter Warming Station
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Turkey Trot 2018
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Jubilee Christmas Preview
- Lafayette Urban Ministry opens Protein Food Pantry
- Lafayette Urban Ministry receives large grant from The Community Foundation
- Lafayette Urban Ministry tackling the topic of racial bias
- Lafayette Urban Ministries hosts 32nd annual Thanksgiving dinner
- Trinity Life Ministries moving to make way for new apartments