LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Students in the Lafayette School Corporation will enjoy a few new facilities in the coming school year. News 18 had a look inside the additions to Tecumseh Junior High School Monday.
Special Education facilities and a new cafeteria are among the changes at Tecumseh. The school board also toured the new Broncho Plaza and the locker room at Scheumann Stadium, which includes multi-purpose rooms and new locker rooms for athletic teams.
Chuck Bear and Les Huddle are each excited for the future of every student in the district. Bear is the Director of Facilities for the corporation. He explained his favorite aspect of overseeing the projects.
"Seeing the kids reaction when they see the finished product. Watching the kids get excited when they came into this locker room and seeing the finished product in this locker room," said Bear. "Watching them go through Sunnyside and seeing the technology That they have to get a better education."
Superintendent Les Huddle said the completion of these projects have all been part of a bigger vision, the students.
"You go back to our Sunnyside edition you go back to what Tecumseh is going to be and it's just that wow factor, you know we're kind of trying to set a tone here. First class facility for first class kids."
Work on the new pool at Jeff High is also under way. That project is set to be complete by January of 2020.
- Lafayette School Corporation set to open several new facilities
- School corporation is improving facilities
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track
- Lafayette School Corporation gets a food truck
- Lafayette School Corporation has a full agenda
- Lafayette fire training facility expanding
- STEM grants awarded to the Lafayette School Corporation
- Lafayette School Corporation approved for 30 hand-held metal detectors
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation in Lafayette
- New Franciscan Health facility opens inside Lafayette Family YMCA