LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette School Corporation is pushing back the start date for classes by a week. The board announced during Monday night's meeting that the semester will now start August 20.
The board also announced details of the mask mandate in the reopening plan:
- Students in grades 5 through 12 will be required to wear a mask during the instructional day.
- Students in grades Pre-K through 4 will need to have a mask with them and there will be times they will be required to wear them.
- All employees will be required to wear a mask during the instructional day.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask upon entering LSC facilities during the instructional day
- There will be times when the mask will be allowed to be removed during the day, like when a staff member is not around others, breakfast, lunch, and other times it is deemed necessary.
The reopening plan is open for changes as they continue to monitor the COVID-19 cases.
This is a developing story and will have more updates as they become available.