LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette School Corporation is in the process of completing several construction projects to improve its schools.
The new Glen Acres Elementary school is currently ahead of its projected finish date. While projects at Lafayette Jeff High School and Tecumseh Junior High are on track.
Jeff High is putting in a new heating and cooling system while Tecumseh Junior High is in the final stages of its new wing. Superintendent Les Huddle described the new features of that project.
"We'll being moving our music programs into the new addition, we'll be moving our classrooms into the lower level that you can see from the street, that's kind of a walk-out baseball concept if you look closely at it," said Huddle. "Then once that's done and open this fall we'll begin doing some remodeling inside."
Huddle said the Tecumseh Junior High School project is on time after delays from colder weather this winter.
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track
- Lafayette School Corporation has a full agenda
- Lafayette School Corporation gets a food truck
- Delphi Community School Corporation completes solar energy project
- Lafayette School Corporation set to open several new facilities
- Lafayette School Corporation approved for 30 hand-held metal detectors
- STEM grants awarded to the Lafayette School Corporation
- Indiana Economic Development Corporation in Lafayette
- Community center project on track
- School corporation is improving facilities