LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A local team is raising funds this year for Habitat for Humanity. The Lafayette Roller Derby team opened it's season at the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds Saturday.
Ten percent of the teams ticket sales are donated to a local organization each year. Amanda Mayes is on the Lafayette Roller Derby roster. She said giving back to Greater Lafayette is important to her and the team.
"It's really important to us to give back to the community we're heavily supported by community members," said Mayes. "We have vendors here who help support us and a lot of businesses in town support us too so we really want to make sure we're giving back and showing our thanks for that."
Mayes said the goal was to raise around $600 during the event.
- Lafayette Roller Derby Team raises funds for a cause
- The Lafayette Roller Derby team prepares for first competition of the season, empowering women as they go
- Lafayette and West Lafayette team up for pedestrian trail funding
- Two Lafayette students headed to national Soapbox Derby competition
- Bobcat Bolt raises funds for students
- Ultimate Pink Party raises funds for YWCA
- Annual Battle of the Saints raises funds for Lafayette Catholic Schools
- Lafayette Schools are raising lunch prices
- The Highs and Lows of Our Temperature Roller Coaster
- Avoid the 'Cardiovascular Roller Coaster' this holiday season