LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Lafayette Renew is looking to continue growing its public outreach after receiving the Water Resource Utility of the Future Today award.
It was just one of thirty two utilities recognized across the nation last year.
The award is given for transformational work in community engagement, education and recovery of resources such as water.
Lafayette Renew was involved in events like RiverFest and partnerships with Purdue classes to develop green infrastructure within the city.
Plant Superintendent Brad Talley says he hopes the outreach will continue to help the city grow. "The outreach and engagement and education that Lafayette Renew has had - we are very proud of and are very happy to be part of everything that's going on in the city,” said Talley.
Talley added that each project is planned with more than just infrastructure in mind. "Our projects, we try not only provide just the necessary gray infrastructure or underground infrastructure but also try to have some sort of community component,” he said.
The award also recognized the utility’s expanded social media platform and offering plant tours to the public.
- Lafayette Renew hopes to continue public outreach success after receiving award
- Lafayette receives "Stormwater Award"
- Lafayette boy receives award for saving lives
- Lafayette teacher receives Distinguished Hoosier Award
- Lafayette Fire Department inspector receives statewide award
- West Lafayette police officer receives prestigious award
- Emergency shelter openings tonight at Hope Chapel Outreach
- West Lafayette students receive first ever Brilliant Firefly award
- Local nurse receives international award
- Lafayette Urban Ministry Follies is a success