LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—Worwag Coatings is an automotive company out of Lafayette.
The company asked for a tax abatement for personal property and real estate. Worwag plans to hire over 80 more employees next year and expand their property to do so.
Economic Development Director, Dennis Carson, said that in order for the company to expand and offer more jobs, incentives like this are key.
"It's important that we help companies and partner with companies here locally to make these kind of expansions," said Carson. "Because this adds to the tax of a base for the expansion and new equipment they bring in and more importantly it provides jobs."
The tax abatement is expected to last seven years.
- Lafayette Redevelopment approves tax abatement for Worwag Coating LLC
- Lafayette Redevelopment Commission approves tax abatement for Caterpillar's renovation plan
- New historic districts, Worwag tax abatement approved by Lafayette City Council
- Lafayette approves tax abatement for revolutionary low income apartment complex
- UPDATE: Council approves tax abatement for local manufacturer
- Council approves tax abatement for $24 million investment
- City council approves 10-year tax abatement for Caterpillar
- Kirby Risk gets final approval of tax abatement
- Tax abatement in the works for expansion at Lafayette company
- Lafayette Redevelopment approves bond for Nova Tower project