UPDATE: Kayle Burt was found.
LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Police are searching for a missing young adult in Lafayette. 18-year-old Kayle Burt was last seen checking out of a Motel 6 in Lafayette on Thursday.
According to her mother Julie Burt, she was staying at Vision of Hope Residential Treatment Center. She said she's been there for the past 5-weeks, but said her daughter was having a hard time adjusting to being in treatment.
She said Kayle decided to check out on Wednesday since she legally could, but Julie has since filed a missing person's report with the Lafayette Police Department.
She left News 18 with a message for her daughter:
"That she's loved, that her family wants her safe and we want to take care of her and love her and we want her with us," she said.
Kayle is Julie's adopted daughter. Julie said she and her family live in Connecticut. They chose to send Kayle to Vision of Hope for treatment because it was highly recommended.
If you have any information, you're asked to contact Lafayette Police at 765-807-1200.
- Lafayette Police searching for missing 18-year-old
- 18-year sentence handed to Lafayette man for dealing in narcotics
- Lafayette police searching for 12-year-old runaway
- Lafayette police looking for missing juvenile
- Lafayette police looking for missing 15-year-old
- Lafayette police looking for missing person
- Crawfordsville police searching for missing person
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Missing Lafayette 17-year-old found
- Police renew call for information on missing Lafayette man