LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — After three hours, a standoff near downtown Lafayette ended with an arrest.
Police arrested 37-year-old Jennifer O'Neal just before 11:00 Wednesday. night. Police said she was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear in Howard County. She is also preliminarily charged with resisting law enforcement.
LPD said it started about 7 p.m. at a home on Cincinnati and 10th streets near downtown Lafayette. Officers responded to a report of someone who had entered the home with a gun. Police cleared some people from the home, and one man surrendered about 8:30 p.m.
O'Neal was taken from the home later and was arrested on a warrant. A SWAT team did obtain a search warrant and spent about an hour inside the home.
Police and SWAT were concerned about the possibility of a firearm inside the home and took precautions. It is still unclear if police ever found a weapon. Roads around Cincinnati Street were blocked off for several hours, and many neighbors came out to watch.
LPD cleared the home and took down the caution tape just after 10 p.m. There were no injuries reported.
- Lafayette police arrest woman after hours long standoff
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Hours long standoff in West Lafayette ends when suspect kills himself
- Man shot in West Lafayette standoff that lasts several hours
- Lafayette man arrested after 18th St. standoff
- Man with machete arrested after 90-minute standoff with Lafayette police
- UPDATE: Subject of Lafayette police standoff identified
- Woman arrested following Lafayette shooting
- Police make arrest in Lebanon armed robbery case after two hour standoff