LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A man drove his vehicle into Beauty Zone Salon located at Greenbush and Sagamore Pkwy N Sunday morning.
LPD responded to the call around 10:30 a.m. A salon employee called 911 and told police a person drove their vehicle into the storefront and it did not appear to be an accident. Salon owner Malena Salazar said the driver kept pressing the gas after he'd already crashed through the building.
LPD Sgt. Scott Anderson said when he approached the vehicle, the male driver tried to drive away from the scene.
The driver was taken to the hospital for evaluation. Sgt. Anderson said he hasn’t been cooperative.
There were customers along with employees in the building but no one was injured except for the driver.
Lafayette police initially said the crash was alcohol-related. However, a toxicology test came back negative Sunday afternoon.
Beauty Zone sits in-between several other businesses located in the strip mall. The Lafayette city engineer has been on the scene making sure the building is structurally sound for the surrounding businesses.
- Police: Car crash into Lafayette business appears intentional
- Car crashes into Lafayette hair salon
- Lafayette Car Thefts
- Police investigating car crash in Frankfort
- Ross, Stout sign national letters of intent
- Small Business Saturday takes over downtown Lafayette
- Greater Lafayette Commerce Hosting Business Expo Wednesday
- Vandals strike two West Lafayette businesses
- West Lafayette businesses dealing without Purdue students
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation