LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Police are examining a Lafayette School Corporation school bus after a window was possibly shot at while dropping students off near Poland Hill Road an Eckman drive.
According to police, the bus was turning into Sun Villas Apartments with three students on board when the back window was shot. Police said this is very preliminary information and it was likely done with a BB or pellet gun. No injuries have been reported.
Three Lafayette schools are within five miles of the complex's location. Earhart Elementary, Miami Elementary and Edgelea.
WLFI is on scene and we will have more information as it becomes available
- Lafayette Police: LSC bus window appears to have been shot
- Lafayette police increase patrols at LSC
- LSC clears confusion on bus inspection annual report
- Lafayette police investigate shots fired at bus stop
- LSC discusses active shooter training
- Tips from police for LSC's first day back
- LSC adds cyber insurance to protect employees
- LSC staff discuss STEM at annual conference
- LSC finds solution to substitute teacher shortage
- Police: Car crash into Lafayette business appears intentional