LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Police Department hosted its annual award ceremony Friday. The department honored those who reached achievements over the past year.
LPD celebrated the retirement of Officer Jeff Sutton for his 25 years of service.
The department also recognized the officer and civilian employee of the year.
Specialist Shana Wainscott was promoted to Sergeant.
Andrew Schulten was sworn in as an officer. He said this is just the first step in his journey of public service.
"It's an end to a long journey to get here. We had a lot of steps and a lot of things to go through just to be here today," said Schulten. "So, it's kind of congratulatory a pat on the back that I made it this far and then at the same time, it's the beginning of the new chapter."
Five other officers were sworn in alongside Schulten.
- Lafayette Police Department honors its own in annual awards ceremony
- Lafayette Fire Department inspector receives statewide award
- Lafayette Fire Department remembers fallen firefighters with ceremony
- Lafayette receives "Stormwater Award"
- West Lafayette police officer receives prestigious award
- Grant to help Lafayette police enhance department
- Lafayette Fire Department recognized for annual Fire Prevention show
- Vietnam veterans honored with special ceremony
- Ex-Sen. Lugar honored at Indianapolis ceremony
- Lafayette native wins Tony Award