LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people are facing charges after a major drug and weapon bust by Lafayette police.
Police were called to check on a child involved in custody dispute at home in the 3200 block of Crosspoint Court North. When officers got there, they said they could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside.
LPD found nearly four pounds of marijuana, six schedule two pills, seven firearms with a large amount of ammunition and more than $68,000 in cash.
Officers arrested 31-year-old Darryl Evans and 37-year-old Peyton Cruea.
Evans faces charges of dealing marijuana, possession of marijuana, maintaining a common nuisance and possession of a firearm by a serious violent felony.
Cruea was charged with dealing marijuana, possession of marijuana, maintaining a common nuisance and possession of a controlled substance.
Three children were inside the home at the time. They were all turned over to the custody of a parent.
Evans and Cruea were taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- LPD arrests two people after major drug and weapon bust
- 2 arrested after Lafayette drug bust
- LPD increases drug-related arrests by 92 percent
- 24 people facing charges after Indianapolis drug busts
- LPD to host drug take back event
- 23 arrested in massive Grant County drug bust
- Twelve people arrested for drug related incident
- LPD makes arrest in child solicitation case
- LPD celebrates distinguished officer