LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette staple is kicking off its 60th year of spreading holiday cheer.
The Lafayette Noon Optimist Christmas Tree lot opens Saturday. Sales benefit children's programs throughout Greater Lafayette.
Lafayette Noon Optimist President Michael Bucy said this year's crop is expected to be of high quality. He said that's not the only reason to start or continue the tradition of buying from them.
"They're less money," he said. "Gorgeous Trees, and you get that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that you're helping out in the community."
The tree lot is open from Nov. 30 through Dec. 20, or while supplies last. They accept only cash or check.
Hours of operation are noon to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, noon to 9 p.m. on Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays.
Due to Main Street construction, the lot can only be accessed in two ways. Drivers can take South Street to Wallace Avenue or Kossuth Street to Main Street.
- Lafayette Noon Optimists begin 60th year of tree sales
- Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sales
- Lafayette Noon Optimist Club Christmas tree sale helps community kids
- Lafayette Noon Optimist Club Kicks Off Christmas Tree Sales
- Tree Lafayette Plants 3000th Tree
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration
- West Lafayette leaf pickup begins Tuesday
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation begin winterization process
- Carroll County Sheriff optimistic about future of jail
- Fall Camp Frenzy: Seeger Patriots optimistic about next step