LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette Jefferson HS Director of Athletics, Doug Seagrave, has resigned from his position. He was named to the position in June of 2019 after the former director, Peyton Stovall accepted a position at Purdue University. According to a Lafayette Jefferson press release, Seagrave referenced “the need to focus on his family” as the reason for his leaving.
"I am deeply saddened and disappointed that I can no longer continue as athletic director. I have
learned I cannot make the separation of my family work for even one year. Our family needs to
be in Scottsdale," said Seagrave.
"I wish great success for all at Jeff. I am grateful for the opportunity to meet some great people
Seagrave previously served as athletic director at Indianapolis Cathedral HS, Triton Central HS, and Warren Central HS. The current Assistant AD Paul Leaf will serve in the meantime and will work closely with school officials to find a replacement.
Jefferson Highschool Principal Mark Preston stated “Jefferson HS would like to thank Doug for his time over the last three months. We fully support Doug and his need to be with his family at this time and we wish him nothing but the best.”
- Lafayette Jeff athletic director Doug Seagrave resigns
- Lafayette Jeff announces Doug Seagrave as athletic director
- Purdue hires Lafayette Jeff athletic director Peyton Stovall
- Joe Hernandez starts as new Athletic Director at Lafayette Jeff
- Lafayette Jeff hires Joe Hernandez as new athletic director
- West Lafayette Schools approve new athletic director
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- Indiana budget director resigning to join university
- HIGHLIGHTS: Westfield 42, Lafayette Jeff 40