LAFAYETTE, In. (WLFI) - Lafayette Jefferson High School is celebrating 25 years of inducting distinguished alumni into its Hall of Fame.
The school is inducting four new members to its hall of fame: Jack Calhoun, class of 1982, Steven Kirkpatrick, class of 1966, Cynthia King Partridge, classof 1975, and Dr. Timothy W. Vanderveen, class of 1965.
Principal of the the school Mark Preston handed out the awards.
Jack Calhoun said its a real honor to be recognized by his alma matar.
"It's such an honor to be back, first in my hometown of Lafayette and then this great high school that I loved that I benefitted from and had a lot of fun in my time here," he said.
Tim Vanderveen said receiving this award was pretty unexpected. He has some words of advice for future students.
"Be humble, be passionate and really do an inventory of where your strengths and weaknesses are and follow your strengths," he said.
Cynthia Partridge said continuing her education at Purdue was important to her success after her time at Jeff.
"It's really important, I think to go to college and basically just obtain your dream career," she said. "Without going to the university I wouldn't be able to do the things I'm doing now."
Steven Kirkpatrick went on to play basketball at Michigan State University. He has a very personal connection to the current Jeff High School building.
"I was in this building 51 years ago and I was part of the construction crew that built this building and I take some personal pride that this building is still standing," he said.
Other notable members of the Jeff hall of fame include Senator Ron Alting and Lafayette Mayor Tony Roswarski.
- Lafayette Jefferson inducts four new alumni into its Hall of Fame
- 2019 Jefferson Hall of Fame inductees honored for their service
- 95-year-old former West Lafayette coach to be inducted into Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame
- Lafayette Jefferson graduate gives back
- Two Purdue QB legends inducted into Indiana Football Hall of Fame
- Lafayette Jeff to play in 2019 Hall of Fame Classic
- Lafayette Jefferson's Motorsports Club breaks state record
- Lafayette Jefferson Motorsports team competes at evGrandPrix
- Lafayette Jefferson Marching Bronchos named class champions
- Boiler Brass alumni are back