LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette School Corporation Superintendent Les Huddle has confirmed an assistant football coach is being investigated for allegedly having inappropriate relationships with students.
As News 18 reported Monday, the school corporation reported to police about possible misconduct involving a teacher at Lafayette Jeff High School. Sgt. Mike Brown said the investigation involves a male teacher and three female students. The subject the man taught is unknown.
The teacher is currently on an extended sick leave.
Sgt. Brown said the department is waiting for search warrants to go through electronic devices. He said police are interested in possible photos and messages between the accused teacher and students.
Brown said detectives were interviewing teachers and staff members Thursday about the case. He said police do not believe anyone else knew of the allegations.
Brown was unsure when the investigation would finish. He said it could be "weeks or months" before the search warrants go through.
This is the second assistant coach to face misconduct allegations at Jeff High School. In April 2017, former assistant boys volleyball coach Carlee Barmby had sex with a student and sent a nude photo. She pleaded guilty in December 2017 and was sentenced to one year in February 2018.
News 18 reached out to the Lafayette Jeff Athletic Department for comment. We have yet to hear back.
- Lafayette Jeff assistant football coach investigated for inappropriate relationship with students
- LPD investigating report of inappropriate relationship between a teacher and students at Jeff High School
- Former TSC employee arrested, suspected of inappropriate relationship with student
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Former Jeff assistant coach sentenced for child seduction
- Scott Radeker steps down as Lafayette Jeff basketball coach
- Lafayette Jeff gets 3-for-1 deal with new basketball coach
- Jeff Brohm staying as head football coach at Purdue
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- Lafayette Jeff's Bishop Johnson commits to Army football