LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- Lafayette Jefferson's marching band got in one last practice Friday evening before they head to the Scholastic State Finals.
The bronchos will compete against 13 other schools in the Indiana State School Music Association event.
The competition, which was originally scheduled for last week, was canceled due to weather issues.
So the dedicated bronchos all cut their fall break short to come back and compete this weekend.
Skyeler Sumrall said the extra practice will definitely help their performance, and shows each members dedication to the team.
"I feel pretty confident," Sumrall said. "We've been practicing and working hard every day and I think it's good that we get to come back together and prepare again."
Dion Walkup said members really went the extra mile, and that attitude is going to help them in this competition.
"I appreciate all the people that decided that, hey, they were going to come back, cut their vacation a little short to be a part of this band family," Walkup said. "That shows a lot about how much they value this program."
The Marching Bronchos will compete Saturday just after 4 p-m at Mount Vernon High School in Fortville.
If the band wins, they will get the opportunity to perform at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Following the competition, the band will begin preparing to march in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Lafayette Jefferson Marching Bronchos headed to state finals
- Lafayette Jefferson's Motorsports Club breaks state record
- Lafayette Jefferson graduate gives back
- Lafayette Jefferson Motorsports team competes at evGrandPrix
- Lafayette Jefferson high school host xtreme choir show down
- Final Phase of West Lafayette State Street Project begins in March
- Silver alert canceled for Jefferson County toddler
- Lafayette Jefferson inducts four new alumni into its Hall of Fame
- Photo Gallery: Final Greater Lafayette Honor Flight
- Jefferson Square Pizza King closing after 50 years