LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette GE Aviation plant is benefiting from billions of dollars of sales at the Farnborough Air Show in London this week.
GE Aviation said the $22 billion orders included record orders for the new LEAP engine produced in Lafayette. The LEAP order book now stands at nearly 15,500 engines.
The CFM International LEAP engine is the world's fastest-selling airline engine.
GE's $110 million dollar jet engine plant in Lafayette opened three years ago. It has more than 150 employees right now, and could grow to more than 230 when the LEAP program hits peak production.
- Lafayette GE plant seeing major benefits from LEAP engine sales
- The GE Aviation Plant in Lafayette Has a New Leader
- Lafayette couple takes a leap for love
- Tree Lafayette Plants 3000th Tree
- City hires engineers to find solution to Lafayette street flooding
- West Lafayette Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories building open for business
- Seema Verma visits Purdue as part of Giant Leaps Campaign
- Proposal bans sale of invasive plants in Indiana
- Gift guide inspires budding engineers
- WL City Engineer leaving position