LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- A Lafayette Fire veteran is moving up in the ranks. Firefighter Chad McCord was promoted to sergeant in a pinning ceremony Tuesday morning.
He's been with the Lafayette Fire Department for ten years.
McCord received a new badge and collar pins during the ceremony.
Chief Richard Doyle says although the new badge weighs the same as the old, the new position holds a heavier responsibility.
McCord says no matter the rank, the goal of the firefighter is always the same.
"To work hard and make sure you do everything right and get everybody home."
McCord wants to thank all the other department firefighters who helped over the years to prepare him for the rank of sergeant.
- Lafayette Firefighter promoted to sergeant
- Potential renovations promote growth in downtown Lafayette
- Warrant issued for Lafayette man accused of promoting prostitution
- Lafayette firefighter aids in East Coast hurricane
- LFD remembers sergeant after his battle with cancer
- IMPD sergeant charged with official misconduct, submits intent to retire
- Unique basketball game promotes teamwork
- Doctors promote winter weather safety
- Program promotes safe needle exchange
- West Lafayette firefighters wear red for autism awareness