LAFAYETTE, Inc. (WLFI) — Greater Lafayette Commerce announces that many of the upcoming events have been canceled or postponed. The action is in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19. According to a statement:
Considering that some of our upcoming events require significant preparation on the behalf of the participants, the GLC Board of Directors and staff have decided to postpone events where possible, create virtual or on-line versions of the meeting to allow for remote participation, or cancel the event if no other alternative is available.
- Working meetings, committee meetings, board of director meetings, and any other meetings will be conducted virtually. The GLC Staff member assigned to the meeting will arrange a conference call line, or other arrangements to conduct the meeting. All participants will be notified about the arrangements at least 12 hours before the meeting.
- Coder Dojo—March 14 Hosted at Matchbox, We are canceling this event for K-12 students.
- Legislative Lookback (Wrap-Up) Luncheon, March 19—We are working on arrangements with our State Legislators to conduct this meeting virtually. The format is typically 5 minutes of speaking and Q&A. We are evaluating with the Legislators if we can do this through Facebook Live or another format.
- Tippy Connect Young Professionals Events— March 17, March 24, April 7, April 14. Postponed or canceled until further notice
- INnovation Series—March 24, Cancelled
- Small Business of the Month, March 25, Postponed until end of April or as appropriate.
- Farmers Market Vendor Meeting, March 30th, Postponed to future date
- Rise & Shine Greater Lafayette—April 3, postponed to May 3
- Live at Five—April 8, Postponed to future date
- Business Expo—April 15, Postponed to September 16
- Farmers Market Earth Day Event—April 25, Cancelled
- Business Strategies Series—April 28, Hosted at Ivy Tech, may be rescheduled to June date
- Wabash Valley Lean Events—Postponed to later dates