LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The City of Lafayette announced Friday that City Hall will return to full operations and normal business hours on October 5. The offices had been working on limited hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Utility Billing Office, however, will only be open for applications. They encourage residents to continue to make utility payments at the drop-box, pay-by-phone, by mail or online.
Visitors will be required to follow these guidelines:
- Guests entering City Hall will be limited to those that need to conduct business.
- Guests can enter City Hall at our South Entrance on South Street and now the North Entrance on Columbia Street.
- Guests are required to wear a facemask and keep six-feet apart for social distancing during their visit to City Hall per the Governor’s orders. Guests showing any signs of illness will be asked to leave.
- The Utility Billing Office will be open to the public for applications for service. Please continue to make payments at the drop-box, pay-by-phone, by mail, or online. A new website has been created for more options electronically.
- We want to encourage all citizens to continue the use of electronic methods whenever possible to conduct City business.