LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette City Hall announced Thursday that it will continue with its modified business hours as the City starts to reopen. Hours will be from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday. Staff will doing extensive cleaning from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. daily.
For those who need to visit City Hall, the following procedures are in place:
- Guests entering City Hall will be limited to one member of a family and/or one member of a company/business to conduct business.
- Guests must use the South entrance into City Hall. The North Entrance off Columbia Street will be locked.
- Guests are highly encouraged to wear masks during their visit to City Hall. Guests showing any signs of illness will be asked to leave.
- The Utility Billing Office will NOT be open to the public until further notice. We ask that you continue to make payments at the drop-box, pay by phone, by mail, or online. A new website has been created for more options electronically.
- We want to encourage all citizens to continue the use of electronic methods whenever possible to conduct City business.
These procedures will continue until Friday, July 17, at which time they will review the procedures. The press realse stated, if there has not been a surge or spike in COVID-19 numbers, we will open for normal business hours on Monday, July 20.